Tuesday, April 1, 2008

[papercreters] Re:Tensile strength of papercrete?

Hi Heather
I have been building pc benches for a while now & the most important fact I have found out s that a pc stucco could form a very hard shell, so..
A. make sure your structure is well built & firm (Use tires which I stuff with plastic  & building leftovers). try kicking it. If it doesn't move, than it won't bend or crack from use or heavy persons
B. Chicken wire s helpful. the metal creates a unified shell & it should be placed between 2 layers of PC.
C. a mix with earth is (in my case) much harder and smother than without. I use a 10:1:2-3 (paper:cement:earth). my dirt is about 20-30% clay.
 
u can also place tiles to form a mosaic on top of the bench but than you will need to use an adhesive of some sort- I use ceramic tiles glue (which comes in powder) & apply it after the bench is dry.- will really like to know about different methods.

good luck
udi

--
         לב פתרונות אקולוגיים בני-קיימא  
אודי בן שבת | 077-3211225 | 052-2867971
__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___