Monday, April 14, 2008

[papercreters] Re: Exploring the possibilities

Hey Jason;

Down Mexico way it is no secret that the GURU of arch and dome is Steve
Kornher at "FLYING CONCRETE". He is without a doubt the master of mortar
configurement and because he already lives there could be of help in
many ways!? GOOGLE "Flying Concrete" to see some of the worlds' finest
free-flowing architecture.

Take Care................. Bob
--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "jasonfitz321" <jasonfitz321@...>
wrote:
>
> Hello. I just joined after spending half the day looking at as much as
> I could about papercrete. I am a missionary in the mountains of
Mexico.
> This year I plan to build a base for agricultural training, missionary
> outreach, assisting the poor and the sick. I wanted to bounce off some
> ideas off you all to see if I could do something creative and
> economical. I need to build a small meeting area of about 40 x 60ft.
> and along the sides have side by side dormitories. I want to use a
roof
> that is not tin because I want it to look indigenous. I am not sure if
> a dome could spread a 50ft. radius with just papercrete blocks? I need
> to learn the paper adobe as well to give the outside a natural look. I
> am probably out of my league to try to build a huge structure but I
> wanted to put it out there. I seen the domes at Eves Garden but they
> appear to be at max maybe 25 ft.? It looks like he is just curving the
> blocks and then adding stucco. Good day, Jason
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/