Saturday, April 12, 2008

[papercreters] Exploring the possibilities

Hello. I just joined after spending half the day looking at as much as
I could about papercrete. I am a missionary in the mountains of Mexico.
This year I plan to build a base for agricultural training, missionary
outreach, assisting the poor and the sick. I wanted to bounce off some
ideas off you all to see if I could do something creative and
economical. I need to build a small meeting area of about 40 x 60ft.
and along the sides have side by side dormitories. I want to use a roof
that is not tin because I want it to look indigenous. I am not sure if
a dome could spread a 50ft. radius with just papercrete blocks? I need
to learn the paper adobe as well to give the outside a natural look. I
am probably out of my league to try to build a huge structure but I
wanted to put it out there. I seen the domes at Eves Garden but they
appear to be at max maybe 25 ft.? It looks like he is just curving the
blocks and then adding stucco. Good day, Jason


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/