Wednesday, April 2, 2008

[papercreters] Re:Tensile strength of papercrete?

Hi Udi,
I wonder if you have photographed your process. I would love to see
pictures, particularly of how you placed your tires. Also (forgive my
ignorance) do your proportions indicate weight or volume?
Thanks.
Ruth


--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "Ehud Ben-Shabat"
<levecosolutions@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Heather
> I have been building pc benches for a while now & the most important
fact I have found out s that a pc stucco could form a very hard shell,
so..
A. make sure your structure is well built & firm (Use tires which I
stuff with plastic & building leftovers). try kicking it. If it
doesn't move, than it won't bend or crack from use or heavy persons
B. Chicken wire s helpful. the metal creates a unified shell & it
should be placed between 2 layers of PC.
C. a mix with earth is (in my case) much harder and smother than
without. I use a 10:1:2-3 (paper:cement:earth). my dirt is about
20-30% clay.


>
> good luck
> udi
>
> --
> ל×` ×¤×ª×¨×•× ×•×ª אקולו×'יים ×`× ×™-קיימא
> או×"×™ ×`ן ש×`ת | 077-3211225 | 052-2867971
>

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/