Monday, April 21, 2008

RE: [papercreters] Papercrete workshop

Thanks much for your reply. No from what I saw on your video I just went out and built the little TOWE MIXER. My first mix was in a hurry a couple of fellas wanted to see if it would mix and It did. and if I had more Information on mixes and knew a little bit more on cure/dry cycles I wouldnt think twice about putting a CAT power plant on a trailer with tanks and pumps and slip form two or three 1600 sq ft dwellings at a time in 6 or 8 inch intervals interior and exterior walls at the same time. BUT I still have a lot of questions and small tests to coduct and the towe will probably give me the answers to what limits. I will conduct my second pour soon I"ll be trying to pour a 15 inch wall on top of an 8 inch floor plate that will enable me circulate air under and on top of my pour and will also be pulling up center plugs 6 inches in diameter on 12 inch centers  this will give and equal say 4 inches thick of material to catch the dead air space or circulating air either inside or outside the wall.  
The climate here has a lot more moisture in the air than New Mexico or Arizona and until I get some fully cured Papercrete in this region so I can spray stucco and plaster on it and check and see what it will take to keep it dry and in a cured state I'll still be testing. So far I am impressed but you know and have experienced so much more than I have whth this material I have a long way to go to catch up.     THANKS AGAIN Clinton.
JUDITH WILLIAMS <williams_judith@hotmail.com> wrote:
Good for you Clinton. You've come to the right place for anyathing you want to know about papercrete. This is the most knowledgeable group around. I'll be interested to know how your first pour went. Please keep us informed. Did you just go ahead and build the mixer without experimenting first with mixtures? That's what I did. Couldn't wait to get started. One word of advice about your dwelling: Keep it small and plan to add on later. It's easy enough to build the whole wall and then go back and cut doors into it when you're ready to expand. That is if you don't put rebar all through it. And don't be intimidated by the computer. Just keep at it and you'll soon learn enough to communicate (on this site at least).

Sincerely, Judith
Visit my papercrete website at www.judith-l-williams.com.

"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark. Professionals, on the other hand, built the Titanic." Author unknown.



To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
From: clinton.lee58@yahoo.com
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 20:26:57 -0700
Subject: Re: [papercreters] Papercrete workshop

JUDITH I really appreciate your time and video. Will retire soon andhope to be in a papercrete dwelling. Be advised this is my first computer experience and just communicating is a chore, Ihad to have a friend show me how to mail you not shur if you will even chance to read this. I built a tow mixer last week and blended my first batch yesterday. I put together some experimental forms, and plan to pour this comming A:M. Thanks again. 

JUDITH WILLIAMS <williams_judith@hotmail.com> wrote:
Now that the weather is warming up and the wind is on its way out, I'm getting ready to start papercreting again.
 I'll be doing workshops on weekends so if you are interested check out my website. Thanks

Sincerely, Judith
Visit my papercrete website at www.judith-l-williams.com.

'Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark. Professionals, on the other hand, built the Titanic.' Author unknown.



Pack up or back up–use SkyDrive to transfer files or keep extra copies. Learn how.

between 0000-00-00 and 9999-99-99  


More immediate than e-mail? Get instant access with Windows Live Messenger.


Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. __._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___