Saturday, January 7, 2012

RE: [papercreters] Hi, I just want to ask if I understand it right



Yikes! That's a lot of numbers. I'm not sure what you are asking but I would say that the density of the final product depends on how much cement is added. When I started making papercrete there were some who used up to 7 bags of cement per 200 gallon batch. Man were those blocks ever heavy. I got it down to 1/2 bag per load for infill walls and 1 bag when I wanted more density.



Follow progress on the new project at http://www.papercretebyjudith.com/blog

More papercrete info at http://squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith



To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
From: dr.meduza@gmail.com
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 20:31:04 +0000
Subject: [papercreters] Hi, I just want to ask if I understand it right

 
Hi
I just want to ask if I understand it right how to make desired mount of papercrete with density I want

For example if I want 1 m3 (35 cu ft) of pc with density 650 kg/m3 (40.5 lb/ft3)
I'll take 1m3 of water and put into it 650kg of ingredients - dry weight (like 470kg of paper, 120kg of cement and 60kg lime)
And if I want pc with density for example 350 kg/m3 I just put less ingredients into same amount of water, maybe with little recipe adjustment.

Is my idea of it right?
So the density of a final product is controlled by density of paper slurry I'll make and then add other ingredients by weight ratio of dry paper.




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___