Tuesday, January 10, 2012

[papercreters] Re: Paper Issue

Use the sacks for earthbags or you could sell them for that purpose. Sources are hard to find.
Earthbag building is yet another alternative building technique. http://www.earthbagbuilding.com/

I have read articles by those that have used papercrete as a mortar both inside and out to seal the bags and add insulation.

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "Rusty S" <slaytonfarms@...> wrote:
>
> I have finally got my mixer working great. But The horde of paper that I have gathered is giving me fits. I have been collecting paper feed sacks. Yesterday, after 6 hours of work I was only able to pour three full mixer loads. This is because the feed sacks clump into balls that will not break down until I reach in and tear them apart by hand (2 hours). The second load, I tore the sacks inhalf (one at a time). This helped alittle as the load took almost two hours to break it down, clump at a time. The last load, I seperated the sacks (again one at a time). This means tearing it in half them seperating the three layers of paper. That took forever, then I let it soak for an hour. Then mixed it again, then added portland and aggregate. This load did break down alot better, but I had clumbs that would not pass through the (6in) spout.
>
> Have I wasted time and energy with these feed sacks? Should I try to find another source of paper. Newspapers work fantastic in my mixer as does cardboard if I let it soak. I was simply able to have a mass of feed sacks delivered to my site and was sure they would work.
>
> Advice is welcome. I can't spend all day and only pour 3 loads. My help and patience will not allow it.
>
> Rusty
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/