Sunday, January 8, 2012

[papercreters] Re: Hi, I just want to ask if I understand it right

Its true within limits. In practice the solids in the pc mix will settle down if the mix is too thin, and you cant stop that. Also pc shrinks a bit as it sets & dries.

If you need to increase the strength & density, just up the cement content and compress the mix in the mould.


--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "Ales Patera" <dr.meduza@...> wrote:
>
> Hi
> I just want to ask if I understand it right how to make desired mount of papercrete with density I want
>
> For example if I want 1 m3 (35 cu ft) of pc with density 650 kg/m3 (40.5 lb/ft3)
> I'll take 1m3 of water and put into it 650kg of ingredients - dry weight (like 470kg of paper, 120kg of cement and 60kg lime)
> And if I want pc with density for example 350 kg/m3 I just put less ingredients into same amount of water, maybe with little recipe adjustment.
>
> Is my idea of it right?
> So the density of a final product is controlled by density of paper slurry I'll make and then add other ingredients by weight ratio of dry paper.
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/