Friday, March 5, 2010

Re: [papercreters] Spraying Containers



Until recently I had a dialup connection so didn't spend time on youtube. However, I have been inside that battery dome. Mikey has a really nice solar setup, went first class. His array of panels is mounted high on steel poles to provide shade space below. Nice big deep cycle batteries just about fill that dome, and his inverter setup is top quality.

The dome was made with a double rebar armature covered with wire attached by hog rings, then the papercrete was poured into the cavity from the top. Later he plastered the inside and outside. I told him that it would make a great bomb shelter, and is no doubt bulletproof. He's using the same method to make several other small domes on his place.

spaceman


Perry Way wrote:

I think it was this video and a few others with him that prompted me to explore more until eventually I found you guys here.  So I'm surprised you hadn't seen that before hehe.  Did you see that "battery box" dome thingamabuilding?  I think they did ferrocement and then applied layers and layers of this.  Although now  that I think of it perhaps only the roof done that way.  


On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 6:22 PM, Space <Spaceman@starship-enterprises.net> wrote:
 

Recently there was some discussion about applying papercrete to shipping containers. I just ran across Mikey's video showing him doing that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DJZrrh8AVc

spaceman


 
No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.5.435 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2721 - Release Date: 03/03/10 19:34:00


__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___