Saturday, March 6, 2010

Re: [papercreters] How to check the oil in my papercrete mixer?



DK,
Should be a vent on the differential somewhere.  You can attach a piece of tubing to it and use a ketchup bottle (or similar to those in restaurants) stuck in the other end of the tube to fill it.  I left the nipple end of the ketchup bottle plugged into the tubing and with each refill just unscrewed the top to fill it.  I think mine was empty so it took about 35 fill-ups to fill. 

You'll know it is full when it starts coming out the top (under the blade). Of course mine failed so it could be that if you have a good bearing and seal on the nose it may not come out.

Ron


DK said:

If oil can seep out, doesn't that mean water can get in the next time I run a batch of paper? Do I need to seal something? It wasn't an issue with me until now. Thanks for any advice...DK



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___