Monday, March 29, 2010

[papercreters] Re: shop press

YES, I did. I bought the 20 ton model, it doesn't come with a bottle
jack. I wanted to buy a 20 ton air assisted bottle jack but they didn't
have any in stock and didn't know if they would ever have them in stock
again, so I bought a 12 ton air assisted bottle jack instead. The first
try at making a brick was a 14" long 4" schd40 pvc pipe like the one
shown in the file section under Brisque. It worked well, my next idea
was to design a 24"x9"x12" form hoping it would compress down to
24"x6"x12" and using a mixture of 3 parts paper 2 parts sand and 1 part
cement doubled, I came up with the exact amount it took to fill the
form, I compressed it down to 6" and when I removed the form and tried
to lift the block it was extremely heavy, don't know how much the wet
one weighted but when it dried I weighted it and it came in at 60
pounds, much to heavy to work with, I believe it was the sand that made
it weigh so much. I then designed the "T Lock" method and decided I
would never use the shop press method again unless I could come up with
a formula that would not weigh so much and if I decided to maybe sell
hollow blocks.


In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "alexis.marcil" <alexis.marcil@...>
wrote:

Has anyone tried to press pc mix in a mold on a shop press? Harbor
freigh has some cheap 6 tons shop press and I think they could be easily
modified to press a pc block...

thanks

Alexis


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/