Sunday, April 25, 2010

Re: [papercreters] Re: Legality of papercrete housing



There is no state income tax in Texas. Property tax is another matter, they quadrupled mine in one year, then told me I should be happy because my property is now worth more. Convoluted logic at best. Most of the property taxes go to school districts who then waste it on monumental buildings that turn out graduates who can barely read and can't make change in a store. Don't get me started into rant mode!

spaceman  All opinions expressed or implied are subject to change without notice upon receipt of new information.

On 4/25/2010 9:56 AM, countryatheartok wrote:
I was not born in Texas, missed the state line by 35 miles, I use to live in Dallas and loved it, never had to pay state income tax or property tax until I bought a house then all hell broke loose, found out property owners are the ones paying all the bills.  If you live in Texas, rent and live in a furnished apartment and you will never have to pay property tax or state income tax.  If you come to Beckham County, Oklahoma stay out of cities, find something out in the country, build what you want and don't own a septic system. I really boils down to don't ask, don't tell, and you can be as free as you want to be.
   


__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___