Tuesday, April 13, 2010

RE: [papercreters] Papercrete in Wet Climates



This is totaly unsupported by scientific evidence or testing but I think papercrete is fine in most climates if it never sits in water. I had some blocks lying around so I made a little dry stack wall in front of my tomato garden. It got watered a lot and it's till there. I won't go so far as to suggest that you put a lot of work into a project that may not succeed, but I would say to make a small wall and let it sit out in the weather and see what happens. The blocks I have had stored out in the weather for 3 or 4 years are all just fine but some that ended up in puddles sort of dissolved. Hope this helps.

Follow progress on the new project at http://www.papercretebyjudith.com/blog

More papercrete info at http://squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith




i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me

 

To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
From: prrr@talk21.com
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 08:43:23 +0000
Subject: [papercreters] Papercrete in Wet Climates

 
Hi

I'd like to make a garden wall that won't be covered, and will need to survive British winters, which are wet day after day. At least it wont sit on the ground, but it will be totally exposed to the rain. Is there any papercrete formula that could survive this?

thanks, NT




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___