Sunday, April 25, 2010

[papercreters] Re: Legality of papercrete housing



I notice he told you to go ahead and finish the building. I don't read that he objected to the building being made out of papercrete! So what I am reading is he only had a problem with you building a building over 120 sq ft, what he thought was the maximum size you could build without a permit. I see you had to read from the building permit guidelines that specdified 200 sq ft was the maximum size you could build without a permit. Sounds like to me you may be on to something here.  I'm going to upload an idea I have about a series of 12x16 ft building, if there is no ruleing as to how many building you can have under 200 sq ft without a permit then this little idea might just be your answer to your problem!


--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, JUDITH WILLIAMS <williams_judith@...> wrote:
 

"I see a lot of houses going up and know people who are building without a permit and they are left alone. I got red tagged on my papercrete house I think because it was easy for him to do. He just went across the street from the permitted house he was inspecting and stuck a red tag on my building. That was the first building I tried. That has now been sold (unfinished) and I am building on a nearby lot. I got a red tag on my little 12 X 16 building so I called him and told him it was just a shed and under the 200 SF limit for building w/o a permit. He said that limit was 120 SF but I read to him from the building permit guidelines that it specified 200 SF and he told me to go ahead and finish it. Now I am on Bldg #2 of the same size and am expecting a red tag every time I go out there."



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___