Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Re: [papercreters] Re: Compressed Blocks


Hi Ernie,
I didn't mean to make such a stir.  I have done no testing other than the block making I accomplished last summer.  As you mentioned, increased insulation qualities seem counterintuitive in a compressed block and that is why I even mentioned it.  I spent some time pressing the water out of my forms (by hand) hoping to speed up the handling stage and to try to eliminate some of the uneven shrinkage I was getting.  What I found was that light pressure took care of neither of these problems.   When you are right in the middle of a project that has a timeline is not where one normally does any comprehensive testing.  Maybe next summer I will devote time to some testing.  Mulling this issue over just brought up another thought, does the stucco adhere as well to the compressed block as it does to the uneven surface of an uncompressed block that generally makes uneven rough surfaces for adhesion?



__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___