Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Re: [papercreters] Compressed Blocks

At 08:51 PM 11/10/2008 -0800, you wrote:

Nick,
Barry J. Fuller has been working on a block press you can see a picture of it here:  http://www.livinginpaper.com/

For some reason they refuse to answer my e-mails on the cost of the press. My welder here said he could make one out of a cherry picker {a hydrauic jack for lifting engines } for $300 to$ 400. I am going to try that. I have a few clay -sand -straw -bamboo bricks I made about a month ago. I drove my one ton on a block this afternoon and it did not faze it. I am not worried about having a stronger press . With 2 tons of hudraulic presure on stabilized {lime} blocks it has to be stronger than a hand packed block and I would not hesitate to use the hand packed ones to support a roof.  Tennessee has the best clay on earth and all it cost me is labor.
 
 
 
 
----- Original Message -----
From: peddler8111
To: papercreters@ yahoogroups. com
Sent: Sunday, November 09, 2008 6:05 PM
Subject: [papercreters] Compressed Blocks

Has anyone tried making compressed blocks w/ papercrete or paper adobe?



No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com
Version: 8.0.175 / Virus Database: 270.9.0/1777 - Release Date: 11/9/2008 9:53 AM