Monday, November 10, 2008

Re: [papercreters] Re: Compressed Blocks

I just use a 8 X 8 hand plate tamper to compress the PC. It needs to drain at least 15 -20 minutes before compressing. I cannot say it makes a better or worse block, only it makes it a little more uniform when it dries. The compressed ones TEND not to have the 20 degree angles on the sides, but occasionally they do. I am not trying to make a PC equal to clay CEB's. My form is the 12 X 12 X 24 made with  2 X6 lumber. I let it drain, compress it with the tamper, pull the form, let it set for a little while depending on the temp then edge it for final drying.

 

__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___