Sunday, August 17, 2008

Re: [papercreters] tank boy

> don't scare me like that, I have enough white hair as it is.


Hey Pat,
Sorry I didn't mean to scare you but youknow I don't know of any solar water
system where you would use the collector water for drinking or washing. The
water is treated with anti-freeze and corrosion inhibitors, definitely not
something you would want to drink. It could then be run through a heat
exchanger in your regular hot water tank for home hot water use but the two
do not mix. With this system I will not even try to do this because of the
nastiness of the tank of which you so well pointed out and the potential of
a leak that could pollute the fresh water side.

Oh I do remember using a solar water heater that I then washed with, it was
a dark colored nylon bag with a plastic bag liner that I would take
backpacking. I would fill it with water from a stream and after 30 minutes
in the sun I had enough warm water to wash up with. That was quite a luxury
when hiking.

Also I would guess that they have something in the middle east (or other
desert areas) that runs the fresh water threw a solar collector to heat
their water. But that is just a guess, & I would think they would do it for
simplicity compare to the more complex (expensive) systems we use here.

-x-

----- Original Message -----
From: Pat B Parham


OK, different ball of wax. Get some sacrificial anodes to stop or at least
slow down rust and don't scare me like that, I have enough white hair as it
is.


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/