Sunday, August 17, 2008

[papercreters]

Just thought I'd let you know how the Green Building Fair went yesterday. I got there a little late because I work as a photographer's assistant and had to do a wedding first. So I got to the fair at about noon. Right away the wind came up, the temp dropped and the rain started coming down. I got one of my blocks out of the truck and my bag with literature in it and started making my rounds of the booths (very low turnout, only about a dozen booths). After I asked each person about what they were doing I explained my papercrete block. I think I did a lot better than those who paid to put up a booth ($250) because I was mobile and didn't have to wait for others to come to me. In fact I had people seeking me out and following me around. It may seem like I sort of cheated by doing things as I did, but to be honest I am at the point where I just have to do what works for me and hope no one gets too peeved. In this case no one did. When the rain started most of the participants folded up their tents and left. But I made a few good contacts and had a positive experience. And my first attempt at professional photography was a great success. The photographer I worked with couldn't say enough good things about the shots I took, plus I had a great time. So forgive me for tooting my own horn. As soon as I can afford a professional horn tooter I will hire one.

Sincerely, Judith
Visit my papercrete website at www.judith-l-williams.com.

There is one thing stronger than all the armies in the world; and that is an idea whose time has come.                 Victor Hugo 1802-1885


Be the filmmaker you always wanted to be—learn how to burn a DVD with Windows®. Make your smash hit __._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___