Thursday, August 28, 2008

RE: [papercreters] Possible add to PC

Poly fibers make reasonable reinforcement in cement though not as good as steel or some of the expensive synthetics like Spectra or Kevlar.  Glass fibers are mostly for crack control.  Nylon is too stretchy as reinforcement, but Poly is better.  Graphite is to brittle.  PVA fibers are good.

These have been tested in mortar.  Papercrete may be different.  My gut says go for it.

Janosh

 


From: papercreters@yahoogroups.com [mailto:papercreters@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Pat B Parham
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 4:13 PM
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [papercreters] Possible add to PC

 

Working on pipeline, I have piles of junk Poly rope, I was wondering has anyone tried adding short poly fibers to PC. I know that fiberglass strands are sometimes added to concrete mixes when high strength is required. I was thinking of 1" long pieces and about 1/2 lb to tow mixer batch. I was thinking of using this mix in the roof. I know this will take away fire proofing but I was looking to add strenght. Any thoughts would be read over and over.Thanks.

 

__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___