Friday, August 22, 2008

Re: [papercreters] Papercrete Gone Wild!

Going back reading posts that I missed a couple of months ago while otherwise occupied, I found this one. I apologize for not replying to anyone who asked me a question while I was away. My presence has been and will continue to be spotty for a while.

There are some test results from NM State at
http://files.starship-enterprises.net/pc%20tests%20astm.jpg
and
http://files.starship-enterprises.net/papercrete%20strength%20tests.jpg
and formulas at
http://files.starship-enterprises.net/papercrete%20formulas.jpg

Were you able to get your tests done, and what were the results?

Spaceman


edward bishop wrote:

Spaceman
I am trying to have a compression and fraction test lined up for papercrete blocks but before I pour them . Does any one know what the mix ratios are for amx. comp and max. R-factor? A graph of this intersection would appear to look like an X. I have a company lined up to do the test and a mechnical Eng. to certify the results but I dontwant to go at it blind. Thanks for any Info...Ed 

Spaceman <Spaceman@starship-enterprises.net> wrote:
I have many panels with dog tracks in them, and even a couple with tire tracks (don't ask).  Then there are several that workshop attendees decorated with various patterns.

There was one time when I was still towing my mixer, when it came unhitched in the middle of the road, spilling all over the asphalt as the tongue headed skyward. I tried hanging off the hitch but it wouldn't come down. I scooted home and got a 10' large diameter pipe and used it as a lever to get the tongue down and rehitched, then shoveled most of the pc back into the mixer. By that time several people had gathered to watch, and one young mother accused me of dumping toxic waste in the road. She said it was a hazard because her kids played there. Asking why her kids play in the road did not help the situation : ). She just wouldn't believe that it was just paper and water, threatened to call the EPA! That incident was one of the reasons I made my mixer stationary and quit towing it.

Spaceman

http://Starship-Enterprises.Net



TerryW wrote:
Hi everyone,
 
I haven't posted for awhile, haven't been too active with papercrete for a bit,  but starting to get back into it now.
 
Have had a couple of less than successful mixing experiences here on my first two 'getting back into it' go arounds.

Anyway, just thought I'd share.  Can't really share this stuff with non-papercreters, they wouldn't really appreciate it or even know what the heck I was talking about.
 
Terry in AZ
 
 
 
 

No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 269.23.8/1413 - Release Date: 5/3/2008 11:22 AM



Eddie Bishop, owner
Carolina Plumbing
864-621-9762


Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.
 
No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 269.23.8/1414 - Release Date: 5/4/2008 12:31 PM
__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___