Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Re: [papercreters] Papercrete bumper insert

Well there's something in our water here and if Vince is going to fess up I guess I will too. The combo van/truck/lift/winch bench seat and the inserts of the backs of the front seats in Kens stuff in the photo section are pc. I do hope I never get in a wreck but it's on the ranch for the most part. Heyyyy I ran out of ploy foam so sue me oh wait a second I got a Sue already. Anyway I got the idea from Miss Taylor from some of the free stuff she sends when you order from her. It was a garden bench I just sort of ran with it.
Ken

--- On Tue, 8/26/08, Chita Jing <cargovanfan@gmail.com> wrote:
From: Chita Jing <cargovanfan@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [papercreters] Papercrete bumper insert
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, August 26, 2008, 12:10 PM


   Oh, HELL YES! *LOL*

    Luv this. You GO, Vince --



On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 7:50 AM, Vincent Pawlowski <pawlowski@ultrasw.com> wrote:
Hi,

I just sent my son off to college with a bumper repair made from papercrete.  Anyone want to try a 5 mph test?

It was really easy and much cheaper than a new styrofoam insert.  I just slipped a piece of an old plastic political sign betwen the radiator and bumper, at the back of the black actual bumper behind the bumper cover and poured.  I compressed the mix a bit a couple times as it dried in order to get a snug fit. 

The picture is in the photos section in an album entitled "VinceCrete"

Now that I have a working mixer and a rainy day, expect more pictures soon.

Vince