Friday, December 9, 2011

Re: [papercreters] Slip Forming Question



In my experience the pc shrinks away from the form and it becomes apparent that the form is no longer supporting anything. Depending on the thickness of the pour that can be just a few minutes. How well you drain the pc before placing it will affect the time, as will other additives like sand and/or clay, accelerants like gypsum.

I think if I were to do a garage like yours I would use a 1' lift in a 2' form. First day fill the form(s) 2' thick (full), then second day move the form up 1' and top it off. That way the previous day's pour is supported, and you are done in a week. You can do all the walls at once.

You also will need to accommodate the water that will be seeping out of the bottom of the wall. Even well drained pc tends to seep as pressure is added on top.

Judith probably has better advice, my forms are different since I'm doing geodesics.

spaceman


On 12/9/2011 7:18 AM, trendawareness wrote:

In response to a previous post, it's been suggested that I try pouring PC between the open wall studs in my garage rather than molding blocks.   I think that would save me a lot of work.  But since I have no experience with slip forming PC, my question is how long should I leave the temporary forms up, and how do I know they're ready to be removed?  I take it actual times will vary, but should I plan on a couple of hours or a day?  Also, how soon before I can pour on top of a previous level?   Thanks      ------------------------------------  Yahoo! Groups Links  <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/  <*> Your email settings:     Individual Email | Traditional  <*> To change settings online go to:     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join     (Yahoo! ID required)  <*> To change settings via email:     papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com      papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com  <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:     papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com  <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/    ----- No virus found in this message. Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 2012.0.1873 / Virus Database: 2102/4669 - Release Date: 12/09/11   


__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___