Saturday, December 3, 2011

RE: [papercreters] Re: Curing Papercrete Blocks



I would go with pouring the slurry between the studs. You could drain the slurry first to take out a lot of the moisture then drop it between the studs.



Follow progress on the new project at http://www.papercretebyjudith.com/blog

More papercrete info at http://squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith



To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
From: trendlinesystems@gmail.com
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 16:32:23 +0000
Subject: [papercreters] Re: Curing Papercrete Blocks

 
Thanks Judith, love your site.

I'm in no hurry, but the wife wants me to do something with the bags of scrap paper that I've been collecting, so I figured I'd start pouring blocks now so I'd have a supply come spring.

My plan is to pour them on good days and then stack them on shelves in the garage. It's not heated (yet) but it does stay above freezing unless it's very cold outside.

My garage is unfinished too, so another papercrete project (experiment) is to insulate my garage. I was thinking about making narrow blocks or "boards" which I can afix to the wood studs. Plan "B" was to see if I could pour PC between the studs. Don't know if that would work though.

Any ideas?

Thanks again!




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___