Monday, December 5, 2011

[papercreters] Re: making compessed blocks

I ended up useing those two blocks in my slip form wall just like you
did, only I turned mine on their edges because they were thicker than
the wall. I think the idea of applying pressure is a good one if it can
be done without messing up the slip forms.

Bob
--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, JUDITH WILLIAMS
<williams_judith@...> wrote:
>
>
> Those blocks look great! I have done slip form with blocks embedded in
the wall. If I ever do another building I know now what I would change
about the method. I am wondering what would happen if you poured slurry
into the slip form then applied pressure to push the water out. Too much
trouble?
>
>
>
> Follow progress on the new project at
http://www.papercretebyjudith.com/blog
>
> More papercrete info at http://squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith
>
>
> To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
> From: criswells.ok@...
> Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 20:11:26 +0000
> Subject: [papercreters] Re: making compessed blocks
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> I was at first going to make compressed blocks, (see the picture
below). The small block was my first attempt, the larger one was double
the mixture. I used the recommended concrete mixture of 3 paper, (for
the aggergate) 2 sand and 1 cement, that doubled was 6 paper, 4 sand and
2 cement. Both blocks set up very nicely and dried very quickly because
most of the water had been pressed out. The reason I decided not to use
this method is because of the weight of each block, I can't remember how
much each weighed (I would have to look back through the files to find
the exact weight. The slip form method is so much quicker and easier, I
decided I would never mess with the press again unless I was going to
try and sell blocks and that would be ok.
>
>
> --- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" richvollnogle@ wrote:
> >
> > Has any one tried making papercrete and using a briquete maker to
have the papercrete be more consistent in form when in dries?
> >
>

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/