Monday, December 5, 2011

[papercreters] Re: making compessed blocks



 

I was at first going to make compressed blocks, (see the picture below). The small block was my first attempt, the larger one was double the mixture. I used the recommended concrete mixture of 3 paper, (for the aggergate) 2 sand and 1 cement, that doubled was 6 paper, 4 sand and 2 cement. Both blocks set up very nicely and dried very quickly because most of the water had been pressed out. The reason I decided not to use this method is because of the weight of each block, I can't remember how much each weighed (I would have to look back through the files to find the exact weight. The slip form method is so much quicker and easier, I decided I would never mess with the press again unless I was going to try and sell blocks and that would be ok.

My third attempt at pressing


--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <richvollnogle@...> wrote:
>
> Has any one tried making papercrete and using a briquete maker to have the papercrete be more consistent in form when in dries?
>



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___