Monday, December 5, 2011

RE: [papercreters] Re: making compessed blocks



Those blocks look great! I have done slip form with blocks embedded in the wall. If I ever do another building I know now what I would change about the method. I am wondering what would happen if you poured slurry into the slip form then applied pressure to push the water out. Too much trouble?



Follow progress on the new project at http://www.papercretebyjudith.com/blog

More papercrete info at http://squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith



To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
From: criswells.ok@sbcglobal.net
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 20:11:26 +0000
Subject: [papercreters] Re: making compessed blocks

 

 

I was at first going to make compressed blocks, (see the picture below). The small block was my first attempt, the larger one was double the mixture. I used the recommended concrete mixture of 3 paper, (for the aggergate) 2 sand and 1 cement, that doubled was 6 paper, 4 sand and 2 cement. Both blocks set up very nicely and dried very quickly because most of the water had been pressed out. The reason I decided not to use this method is because of the weight of each block, I can't remember how much each weighed (I would have to look back through the files to find the exact weight. The slip form method is so much quicker and easier, I decided I would never mess with the press again unless I was going to try and sell blocks and that would be ok.

My third attempt at pressing


--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <richvollnogle@...> wrote:
>
> Has any one tried making papercrete and using a briquete maker to have the papercrete be more consistent in form when in dries?
>




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___