Saturday, December 3, 2011

[papercreters] A couple of recent pics



I haven't been spending a lot of time on the project lately. But I have finally finished the floor, put tile up in the kitchen, put down some tile thresh holds, and gotten the doors in. I sealed the floor with boiled linseed oil and turpentine. I didn't follow the directions exactly because I didn't have the amount of linseed oil called for. It is rather expensive. So I added about 1 part turp to 3 parts oil, heated it up in a double boiler and rolled it on with a paint roller. I went up there the other day and noticed that a bird had pooped right in the middle of the floor so I got a rag and tried to clean it up. I didn't get the bird droppings off completely but I did notice that the water beaded right up on the floor. I ended up with quite a few cracks but am not bothered by it. I think if I had stuck around after putting the floor down and gone over it to rub out the cracks as they formed I could have had a crack free floor. But I had to be somewhere else and as I say the cracks don't bother me at all. The color is a deep rich brown.



Follow progress on the new project at http://www.papercretebyjudith.com/blog

More papercrete info at http://squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith
VIEW SLIDE SHOW DOWNLOAD ALL
ADD MORE PHOTOS
This online album has 2 photos and will be available on SkyDrive until 03/02/2012.


__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___