Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Re: [papercreters] Re: New one in Peru -South America-



It is possible that the third world countries do not have the obsession we have for secrecy and as a result would not shred paper as we do over here. Also, if my memory serves me correctly, your recipe for PC uses as much cement as a concrete mix hence the extreme weight of the dry blocks or wall. By not using cement the blocks or wall sections are much lighter and I would think have a much higher R value. Clay and pulp in the right amounts makes a very strong, lightweight block with good insulative qualities. And of course they are much cheaper and much "greener".

--- On Tue, 7/13/10, countryatheartok <criswells.ok@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

From: countryatheartok <criswells.ok@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: [papercreters] Re: New one in Peru -South America-
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, July 13, 2010, 11:05 AM

 
If possible do not use Newspaper because of it resale value, surely there are places that pay to have their paper shredded, show them that they don't have to pay for that service, that you will soak that paper in water and pulp it for free.  Also don't produce bricks or blocks, pour the walls in place there by saving a lot of time and labor. Yesteday I had to cut out a section of wall about 6 inches tall and 12 inches wide and 12 inches long, to make room for a new window. I had never had to cut my mixture before and I've seen demo's on the net as how to do it with a chain saw. Well let me tell you my mix must be much stronger that the ones I've seen cut on the net, it took me about 20 minutes and three tries before I got the small section cut out, I was shocked at the weight of such a small piece of block, I have not weighed it yet but I'll bet that small section will top 20 lbs., and it had been dry for a year now.  I calculate it takes about 10 gallons of cement to pour a 12" tall 8" wide by 12 feet long and that calculates to about $10.00 for less that $1.00 per sq ft of wall, can't see how you can get much cheaper.
BTB

--- In papercreters@ yahoogroups. com, "ashokchand2000" <ashokchand2000@ ...> wrote:
>
>
> Dear Marco,
>
> I am trying something similar here in Pune, India.
>
> The first step I am taking is to get the raw material cost of one cubic foot of papercrete mix below the wholesale price of one cubic foot of conventional bricks.
> This is tough to do as used newsprint as other economic uses in India and sells at four times the cost of rock aggregate that it replaces in concrete.
>
> Second I am trying to get a good engineering college to certify the strength of the bricks produced.
>
> Thirdly I am looking at uses such as making chicken coops (in good demand) rather than making houses in which people live. Just imagine a conversation between yourself and your wife where you tell her that the first house that the family will own is made of paper!
>
> Let us see how it goes.
>
> Regards
> Ashok
>
> --- In papercreters@ yahoogroups. com, "Arq. Marco Bravo Camino" bravo5_marco@ wrote:
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Hi to everybody;
> >
> > I´m writting to all of you who believe in dreams.
> > Now i´m trying to realize mine. its about my professional tesis. I studied architecture and want to apply the use of papercrete in houses to poor people in my country. I´ve read almost everything about it and now is the time to make it real. In a short time I´ll move to the town I choose for this application and want to share every step with you all.
> > The most difficult item isn´t constructive or technologich, iT´S TO MAKE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND PAPERCRETE IS A CONVENIENT MATERIAL. If anyone has make has made a similar aplication please contact me. Otherwise i´ll keep in touch to share my experience and hear all your suggestions.
> >
> > A very huge hug.
> > Bach, Arq. Marco Bravo
> >
> >
> >
> > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ________
> > Invite your mail contacts to join your friends list with Windows Live Spaces. It's easy!
> > http://spaces. live.com/ spacesapi. aspx?wx_action= create&wx_url=/friends. aspx&mkt=en-us
> >
>



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___