Wednesday, July 14, 2010

[papercreters] 2v top pent cap pictures slideshow



http://www.starship-enterprises.net/Domes/2vtoppent/

The other day I decided to change horses in midstream and redesigned the top of the dome that I'm living in. If you remember pictures I posted last year, the top right now is a five sided pyramid, more or less. I am now changing that to a 2v 2/6 truncation geodesic for aesthetic reasons. The above link is to a slideshow of pictures starting with a cad drawing of the plan, then various shots of triangle molds filled with papercrete.

The molds are some that I have used for years, adjustable from nearly nothing to four feet per side. The pipes stuck in the pc are for attachment holes, so I don't have to drill later. It'll take five of the AAA triangles and fifteen of the BAB triangles for the whole dome.

I'm back to mixing with my power spray washer. It lets me make a quick batch in the morning before the temperature gets up there, and I don't feel pressed to dispose of a whole no-tow mixer batch in 100 degrees. Right after taking these pictures I pulled the molds. After five hours they are looking good. The smaller molds and triangles are to use up the leftover at the end of a batch. A barrel full does two big triangles with a couple of buckets left over. The small triangles will make a 6' diameter doggie dome. I'll try to add to the slideshow as progress warrants.

--  spaceman  All opinions expressed or implied are subject to change without notice upon receipt of new information.


__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___