Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Re: [papercreters] Re: New one in Peru -South America-



What are Tetrapacs?
 
Nameste
Odin



From: "prrr.t21@btinternet.com" <prrr@talk21.com>
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tue, July 13, 2010 1:51:52 PM
Subject: [papercreters] Re: New one in Peru -South America-

 

Ashok

Have you tried using tetrapaks in place of paper? I havent tried it, but I seem to remember hearing someone that managed to get it to work. I assume they'd be harder to pulp, and might need chopping before pulping. They have far lower value than paper.

NT

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "ashokchand2000" <ashokchand2000@...> wrote:
>
>
> Dear Marco,
>
> I am trying something similar here in Pune, India.
>
> The first step I am taking is to get the raw material cost of one cubic foot of papercrete mix below the wholesale price of one cubic foot of conventional bricks.
> This is tough to do as used newsprint as other economic uses in India and sells at four times the cost of rock aggregate that it replaces in concrete.
>
> Second I am trying to get a good engineering college to certify the strength of the bricks produced.
>
> Thirdly I am looking at uses such as making chicken coops (in good demand) rather than making houses in which people live. Just imagine a conversation between yourself and your wife where you tell her that the first house that the family will own is made of paper!
>
> Let us see how it goes.
>
> Regards
> Ashok
>
> --- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "Arq. Marco Bravo Camino" <bravo5_marco@> wrote:
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Hi to everybody;
> >
> > I´m writting to all of you who believe in dreams.
> > Now i´m trying to realize mine. its about my professional tesis. I studied architecture and want to apply the use of papercrete in houses to poor people in my country. I´ve read almost everything about it and now is the time to make it real. In a short time I´ll move to the town I choose for this application and want to share every step with you all.
> > The most difficult item isn´t constructive or technologich, iT´S TO MAKE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND PAPERCRETE IS A CONVENIENT MATERIAL. If anyone has make has made a similar aplication please contact me. Otherwise i´ll keep in touch to share my experience and hear all your suggestions.
> >
> > A very huge hug.
> > Bach, Arq. Marco Bravo
> >
> >
> >
> > __________________________________________________________
> > Invite your mail contacts to join your friends list with Windows Live Spaces. It's easy!
> > http://spaces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.aspx&mkt=en-us
> >
>




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___