Sunday, November 18, 2007

Re: [papercreters] Various materials added?

If you can grind chip or flake the material, it can be used in this medium. It would come to cost. If you live in an area where PET is re-cycled then maybe the cost would not be too high. The only thing would be the value of the material as a recycled product vs being put in PC.I use cotton gin trash with my PC because it is cheap (free) available and the only use it has after going through a cotton gin is being landfilled or used as filler for cattle feed. I am taking a low value material (the paper slurry) mixing it with another low value material (GIn Trash) and making a building material. If I had to pay for the Gin Trash or Paper, the it would change the cost structure of the finished material. As I am not making this building material for sale, the consistancy of the raw material is not a concern. I just make blocks 6 X 12 X 24. Sorta. If I had access to wood chips, shreaded milk cartons, pop bottles or navel lint, I would put it in my blocks. If you have access to the PET pellets and the cost is reasonable, the by all means mix up a batch and let the group know what the results are.So far I have yet to find any material when chipped or shreaded mixed with slurry would not work in PC. If you have access to large quanities of old water based acrylic or latex paint, putter in there.   




Be a better pen pal. Text or chat with friends inside Yahoo! Mail. See how. __._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___