Monday, November 26, 2007

RE: [papercreters] Looking for used Tirolessa Sprayer

 

Ferrocement Historical Archives 1999-2005


[Ferro Cement] Re: tyrolessa sprayer for sale - used once


·  From: GObug@aol.com

·  Date:2003-05-20





Dear friends,
     I finally used the tyrolessa sprayer that I bought in late December. I sprayed cement on 2 "test rocks."
     The f-rock 1 armature was:
          1 layer of expanded metal,
          1 layer of welded rod - 6" x 6"
          3 layers of chicken wire.
     F-rock 2 armature was 2 layers of expanded metal. All metal was galvanized.
     The cement mix was:
          2 parts portland
          1 part fly ash
          3 parts coal slag
          9 parts perlite

It was basically a failure, but I learned a lot.

     I had 2 air compressors hooked together - 90 gallons, 25 pounds pressure. I don't think the extra compressor was necessary. More pressure didn't work well.
     When the cement was too dry, it didn't spray well, when it was too wet it didn't stick well.
     The cement mixture was weird. It looked and felt like ceiling texture.
     The cement spray did not penetrate well - too many layers. There was some penetration, but the build up on the outside surface happened before the inside layers were coated. I didn't try to vibrate or hand parge.

     I used some of the cement to make a table top. The table top was made from a discarded base drum rim and a welded steel tripod  for legs. I put 1 layer of exp. metal, 1 layer of 6x6 welded wire, and one layer of 1/4" hardware cloth inside the rim. I poured the top upside down on a piece of glass. I used windex for a release (didn't work well). The top is 1 1/2" thick.
    
     I located a grout pump and bought it.   Its a Moyno style and it has a sprayer with multiple nozzles. The man that sold it to me it selling his stucco and plastering business and equipment after 60 years in Denver. He said "you cant have a dummy at this machine, it doesnt run itself." His son showed us how to adjust the spray, speed, and mix to get different textures. Neither had heard of the Irons laminating technique.

     Since I bought this pump/sprayer I do not need the tyrolessa. I will sell it and ship it to anyone interested for $150.

     Future reports coming soon.
Gary


 


From: papercreters@yahoogroups.com [mailto:papercreters@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Robert & Connie
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2007 5:20 PM
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [papercreters] Looking for used Tirolessa Sprayer

 

We would like to buy a used Tirolessa Sprayer rather than pay the full
retail. I know someone here had one for sale once. I'm sure that one
is gone but I thought it was worth a shot to see if there might be
another floating around or if someone can refer us to such a source.

Thanks.

Update! My Hubby found a wonderful buy on a powerful compressor. We
are ready to begin some serious experimenting on building small
structures.

Our 10" wall holding the gravel in the horse barn has held up pretty
well through one heck of two days of Texas torrential rains. In all
fairness though, it hasn't had its 45 days to cure or had the molds
removed yet.

Connie

__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___