Thursday, November 15, 2007

Re: [papercreters] Re:Hello to Group from New Member

Electrical supply houses call it "eggcrate" and should have a few in stock to be used as replacement stock. You should be able to find a 2'x4' (nominal) sheet for less than $20. The size of the grid varies.

Another possibility would be ice trays to mold model blocks. Bob says use WD40 as a release but I have never had to use any release agent on molds for pc, after the castings set and shrink they usually come right out of a mold. I've used plastic, wood, and metal molds. YMMV.

        Spaceman  All opinions expressed or implied are subject to change without notice upon receipt of new facts.  


Patricia Crabtree wrote:
Thanks for the reply Bob.
 
Please forgive me if I'am not up to speed on PC, (i wish i was), but can I
find more information online in the (File) section about (gulp)  using the grid
type fluorescent (light diffuser) as a mold to make small blocks in my blender?
 
Never mind my class, : ) I'm ready to start making blocks for me, to go around
my fireplace. (smiling all the way to the blender).  : )
 
Thanks.
 
Patricia
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

----- Original Message ----
From: Bob Cook <lifewithbob101@yahoo.com>
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2007 5:43:19 AM
Subject: [papercreters] Re:Hello to Group from New Member

Something you might find useful for your class-  when I first started using PC, I felt the need to make scale models and used the grid type fluorescent light diffuser as a mold to make small blocks and made the PC in a blender.  Spray the diffuser with WD-40 right before pouring in the PC as a mold release. 


There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.
Buddha


Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. Make Yahoo! your homepage.



Be a better pen pal. Text or chat with friends inside Yahoo! Mail. See how.
__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___