Tuesday, November 13, 2007

[papercreters] Re: Saturday Chat is now forming

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, Nannette Durieux-Keegan
<sunbrothers@...> wrote:
>
> I have questions about bugs and papercrete. What is
> the most cost effective and non chemical substance to
> add to papercrete so that it is not bug attractive?

I am not sure what you mean by 'non-chemical'. I mean, pretty much
everything besides paper you are putting in the mix is a chemical.
Lime, Pozzolans, even the inks and binders used to make the paper.

The least expensive and most environmentally friendly things I can
think to add to make it non bug attractive would be lime and boron.
Both are chemicals (produced by or used in a reaction involving
changes in atoms or molecules), but relatively safe ones to work with
if you use reasonable precautions.

Sorry if I was a bit vague, but your question seemed a bit odd to me.

> Also, I've seen the customized "blenders" to make the
> mix. Has anyone used a regular concrete mixer?

A regular concrete mixer by itself will not pulp the paper sufficently
to get the mix you need. I use a concrete mixer to mix the pulp and
other ingredients, but I pre-pulp my paper with a pressure washer.

- Ernie



Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/