Monday, November 19, 2007

Re: [papercreters] Re: Power Spray Washer Mixing

Saw one today with a Honda engine, 2800psi but only 3.5gpm. It was marked down from $300 to $250, but it was the first one I saw and I wanted to come home and research it, since it was a brand I didn't recognize from what I've read lately, it was missing a couple of the nozzles from the set it came with, and it had some sand in the outlet connector. Hopefully that's just because it sat outside in the west Texas wind. It looked a lot heavier duty than the ones I saw at Lowes for $300 and up, on a trip there looking for a lefthanded water heater thermocouple, which they didn't have.

Thanks for the concept on the mixer. If I understand you right, you mean like the one at http://www.nurl.us/7j6? I can imagine that working well. 5,000 pound rated stainless 1" tubing on the header?

        Spaceman  All opinions expressed or implied are subject to change without notice upon receipt of new facts.  


Curtis Stewart wrote:
If you take your time and keep checking the pawn shops you can find a jewel. If you find yourself down off Market go by the Sherwin Williams Industrial Paint store and look at the Simpson Pressure washers. They are a belt drive and are designed to withstand industrial painters. New they sell for $800-1000 but I have seen them at pawn shops for $3-500 depending on conditions. These are high GPM with relatively low PSI. 5-6 GPM @ 2800 PSI.  A lot of the stuff you will see is homeowner type. If it has a commercial Honda or a C/I Briggs it will hold up. My little Landa has a 5.5 HP Briggs Commercial/Industrial engine on it and has many hours on it without any issues. When I get the time I want to build a barrel mixer with three 15 degree nozzles inside the barrel angled at 45 degrees toward the side. These would need to be on a header about 8-10 inches apart. It would need a board about 270 degrees from the header to break up the vortex. Due to the pressure I would use Stainless tubing for the header instead of pipe, I figure 30 gallons of water will be used per batch and at 5 GPM that is roughly 6 minutes per batch. This header could be built for less than $100 which is less $$ than a good quality rotary nozzle. So far this is in my head, and now it is in yours.

__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___