Sunday, December 2, 2012

Re: [papercreters] Papercrete in the cold North?



I haven't actually built anything so FWIW...
I've done blocks with 60 pounds of portland & 90 pounds of paper that are stacked outdoors.
After 5 years they seem as good as new.
They get wet (and heavy) but dry out pretty quick no worse for wear.
No mold or anything either.
I've done some bricks with latex paint added in (can't recall the ratio). Those absorb less water and dry out much faster.

On Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 2:59 PM, Alan <rustaholic777@yahoo.com> wrote:
 

Next question
 
Is there anyone here that has done a straight equal amount of paper and Portland in water and built anything to set outside here in the cold sometimes very wet North?
 
I would love to know that if I build the tow mixer and put up a papercrete shed it will last a good while.  It would be a real waste to make the tow mixer just to do some samples that fail.
If none of you can assure me it will work I do suppose I could do a five gallon bucket test and make a block to set outside for a year or so.
I have one of those drill powered "paint" stirrers to mix up Quick Crete in five gallon buckets if only I can find it now.
 
Alan in Northern Lower Michigan

 




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___