Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Re: [papercreters] Re: Several hundred pound of old books

Although I am only new to this group I have been making things from paper
slurry for over 10 years now. I use all sorts of raw materials including
old cardboard boxes and books. I find it works best if I store my raw
materials in an old bath outside and the rain keeps them wet. This
pre-soaking makes the fibers tease apart quicker and better in the mixer.
I just discard the non useable items like the plastic tape from the boxes
while I am using the pulp. Using this pre-soaking I find I can use a
much wider range of raw materials.

Wayne


>
> That would scare me too! Maybe a different blade with finer
> teeth?
>
> I've never cut a book on a table saw, was basing the suggestion on
> seeing Judith's success cutting pc blocks but then pc is normally a
> lot less dense than a hardback book. I think my spray washer would
> work on them but I'm not driving a thousand miles to find out :)
> spaceman All opinions expressed or implied are subject to change
> without notice upon receipt of new information.
> http://Starship-Enterprises.Net
> On 9/20/2010 1:44 PM, countryatheartok wrote: Well the
> table saw I have on the job will not rip the back splines off, it
> kind of grabs instead of cutting like it cuts wood, kind of scared me
> and help me make up my mind not to use.
> ------------------------------------
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/