Saturday, September 11, 2010

[papercreters]



I'm sure many of you know what it feels like when it's 4 in the afternoon and you've been working for hours and you still have a half a mixer load of slurry to get rid of. That's what happened to me today. It's after 8 and I just got home. Did the last of it practically in the dark. But I am almost ready to start the roof. I have someone coming tomorrow evening to work with me on Monday and Tuesday and I am determined to get this roof done.
 
So anyway, I tried putting some joint compound in the slurry that will be going on the wall where the viga is. It seems to be sticking very well. I'll know for sure when I check on it tomorrow. I used some reed fencing for the ceiling and will put aluminum foil over that to reflect heat back into the room. Not sure yet how it will work putting the foil on top of the reed fencing. I bought a couple of cans of spray adhesive and thought I would spray as I roll out the foil. I just hope there is no wind.
 
So now it's time to have a little supper and collapse into bed.

The Making of Papercrete DVD now available on Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/Making-Papercrete-Judith-Williams/dp/B0040ZNE9A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1283998627&sr=8-1

Follow progress on the new project at http://www.papercretebyjudith.com/blog

More papercrete info at http://squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith





__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___