Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Re: [papercreters] Dry time



Drying time varies with temp/humidity/wind/compression/formula

When casting panels for domes I can generally remove the mold in a few minutes. If the wind is blowing and it's fairly warm I can usually turn the panels after a couple of days. After I break the contact with the ground they start drying faster and can usually be lifted and carried after another day or two. I live in a arid region, if you have lots of humidity YMMV. It's nothing like concrete so don't expect it to get hard until it is dry.

If you want to see pictures of the type of panels I'm referring to, look at
www.starship-enterprises.net/Domes/2vtoppent

spaceman  All opinions expressed or implied are subject to change without notice upon receipt of new information.  http://Starship-Enterprises.Net

On 9/21/2010 1:59 PM, Louis Cripps wrote:
Last Sunday, I mixed a 5 gallon bucket of schreded paper with 2 lbs of portland cement. I made a form out of 2" x 6"s 12" xy 14". The cement has not "set up" like I thaouht it would.  As of Tuesday it is still wet and soft.  I was able to remove the forms without getting any slump, but it is too soft to stand on edge for drying. Could someone give me some information on dry time.  I'm in Charlotte, NC and the tempature is in the 90s.        


__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___