Saturday, September 13, 2008

Re: [papercreters] Paper, paper and more paper

I have stored uncovered bales of shredded paper outside through the monsoon season, and had no problems. Actually it tends to pulp easier after a few wet/dry cycles. Of course remember that I live in the desert so things dry out pretty quickly around here.

Spaceman

larystoy wrote:

Good day to all:  Been reading all of the posts avidly the past few weeks.  Just an update on my progress. Some may remember I live in a small  town in NE Arizona and have not located a reliable source of paper.   Well HOORAY, just received permission from the local Post Office to  get their paper.  I will be getting abut 2 or 3 cu yards per week from them. Also there  are two other Post Offices within 30 miles that I should also be able  to get the paper from now that I have the approval from the first one.  OK, OK, OK, Now what do I do? Haven't even started on my mixer yet  and what with the weather fixing to get yucky, where am I going to  store all of this paper until spring?  The best I could do is to make some wire mesh holding bins and when  they were full cover them with tarp. Of course we all know water has  an ability of it's own to get into any itty bitty opening and seek  out something to get wet causing mildew or mold.  Any ideas on this issue? Don't have any type of building to store  that much paper.  Next item on the agenda, a shredder!! Looking on E-Bay, a commercial  shredder will cost as much as $700. Way too much and my pocket book  isn't very fat. Feeding myself and my dog keeps me broke (nasty  habit, eating).  How about this? I can get 4 inch saw blades for about $4.00 each  ($150). Will need 36 to make an 18 inch shredder. Remember, I'm a  retired mechanic/welder and have the tools and such to build one.  If I place a blade, spacer, blade, spacer on two shafts, mount the  two sets of blades between each other, build a guard so stupid people  (like myself) don't stick their fingers between them, I should be  able to build a shredder that would cut up anything.  Anyone ever built one of their own?  Thanks Larry Arnold larystoy@yahoo.com     ------------------------------------  Yahoo! Groups Links  <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/  <*> Your email settings:     Individual Email | Traditional  <*> To change settings online go to:     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join     (Yahoo! ID required)  <*> To change settings via email:     mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com      mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com  <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:     papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com  <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/    
 
No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.169 / Virus Database: 270.6.21/1669 - Release Date: 9/12/2008 2:18 PM
__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___