Wednesday, July 2, 2008

[papercreters] Re: Mixer update

Do you have a local farm supply salvage yard? Heck, maybe even just
a commercial truck salvage yard.

You might check there for some piece of dead equipment with a big
centrifugal pump attached to it.

You could probably acquire just the pump assembly for a lot less than
your rental fees. Then you could come up with some way to power the
pump off your PTO also.

You'd have plenty of power. You'd still need to buy hose, but that's
not nearly as expensive.

If the pump and the mixer blade were powered off the PTO
simultaneously, you could turn the whole thing into a colloidal mixer
and a pumping system.


--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "ElfNori" <elf@...> wrote:
>
> I'm not going to be able to purchase, Mikey, I'm going to have to
rent. I will have to see what is available locally. If I can't
rent, I will dump the mix into the tractor's bucket (our mixer is up
high enough to do that) and dump from the bucket into the form. It
should take 4 or 5 bucket loads to get the mix into the form. I
don't like all the extra jockeying around we'll have to do, but if
that's what it takes, that's what it takes.
>
> We've got new near-neighbors, a really nice young Mormon couple
with a passle of really cute rug rats. Bear in mind, I am NOT a
children person. I'm more along the WC Fields "I like kids, they
taste like chicken" mindset, but these kids are cute. I digress.
They have horses but inadequate pasture and we have pasture and one
quite chubby horse, so they're using our pasture. As a result we see
them (rug rats in tow) fairly frequently. He's been watching the
progress of our mixer. On their visit last night, after inspecting
the progress and listening to me spout concept and theory, he offered
air bag suspension for our mixer. I declined his kind offer, but I
find the concept vastly amusing . . . a hot-rod pc mixer with
adjustable suspension.
>
> ElfN


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/