Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Re: [papercreters] Re: Mixer update

I'm not going to be able to purchase, Mikey, I'm going to have to rent.  I will have to see what is available locally.  If I can't rent, I will dump the mix into the tractor's bucket (our mixer is up high enough to do that) and dump from the bucket into the form.  It should take 4 or 5 bucket loads to get the mix into the form.  I don't like all the extra jockeying around we'll have to do, but if that's what it takes, that's what it takes.
 
We've got new near-neighbors, a really nice young Mormon couple with a passle of really cute rug rats.  Bear in mind, I am NOT a children person.  I'm more along the WC Fields "I like kids, they taste like chicken" mindset, but these kids are cute.  I digress.  They have horses but inadequate pasture and we have pasture and one quite chubby horse, so they're using our pasture.  As a result we see them (rug rats in tow) fairly frequently.  He's been watching the progress of our mixer.  On their visit last night, after inspecting the progress and listening to me spout concept and theory, he offered air bag suspension for our mixer.  I declined his kind offer, but I find the concept vastly amusing . . . a hot-rod pc mixer with adjustable suspension.
 
ElfN
----- Original Message -----

Go big on the pump. Mine is a 9HP / 3" diameter / trash pump. I would go bigger if I could afford it. I don't like how much water my setup uses.
__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___