Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Re: [papercreters] Can a shop floor be made from papercrete

I'm not an expert in papercrete but, I put papercrete in my home as an insulation layer for my radiant floor. (First an 11/2" papercrete, then the tubing and mesh goes down, then I plan on putting 11/2" inches of Darjit to finish the floor) Right now I just have the papercrete and I find it dusts all the time and scratches very easy. I don't think it would work for a garage floor because it wouldn't be able to support a lot of weight. Darjit would be strong and would work great and it's made from recycled material. There is an example of a floor on the architectural page of www.darjit.net.
Hope this helped,
Jennifer 
 

ltsgorcn <ltsgorcn@yahoo.com> wrote:
I built a pole building last year and I can't afford to put in a
concrete floor. I was wondering if papercrete is strong enough for a
garage floor. Also what about a basement floor.


__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___