Friday, March 21, 2008

Re: [papercreters] PTO Driven Mixer

Oh, yeah, taunt me with your lovely weather.  <grin>  I WILL get even.  When it's a beautiful sunny 74 here in June and you're starting to cook, I'll remind you of this.
 
The gearbox cost me $175. <wiggles in excitement>  Not bad.  I'll try and get pictures of it today. 
 
I also need to disassemble the gearbox to see how it's constructed.  I know the drive shaft fastens to the blade assembly with a shear pin which can be reached by taking the cover off the box.  I must decide if I should build a new blade mounting assembly or use what came with the unit.  I'm leaning toward the latter as the blade holder is a T which holds two rotating blades. 
 
I also need to check the seals, see what kind of shape they're in, make sure the seals will hold  up to being mounted upside down against papercrete.  Lots to do before I start assembly.
 
Next time Terry goes to town with the land yacht I'll send him to Del's for a 200 gal tank.  I'd rather get a polymer tank instead of galvanized.  I won't have to worry about leakage around the seam at the outside bottom.  I'll have to buzz through and check out what they have to offer before I launch Terry on that task.
 
ElfN
----- Original Message -----
From: Spaceman
 
Cool, I'm happy to hear that you are making progress in spite of the weather. I'm sure we will get pictures as you progress.

It was 80 here yesterday, but definitely breezy. Not as bad as the 60mph winds we had last weekend. Calm so far this morning.

Spaceman


ElfNori wrote:
Woke up to over an inch of snow on the ground. 
 
ElfN


No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG.
Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.21.8/1337 - Release Date: 3/20/2008 8:10 PM
__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___