Sunday, March 23, 2008

[papercreters] Re: Borax, Boric Acid, Borates, Lime Quandry

Hi Mr Merril,

I'm a new member of this group and still studing all I can know
about Papercrete before I can begin something. I´ve read a lot of
topics. I have a question about your formula of mortar. What do you
mean by "Fibre"? What kind of fibre you're talking about? Sorry if
it´s a stupid question, but I didn´t understand. Thank´s a lot,

Marcio Cavalcanti.

PS: I'm from Brazil and I´ve never heard about Papercrete before.
Here, our constructions are based on clay bricks, mortar and
concrete. We rarely see, like in US, constructions built from wood.
I'm gonna give papercrete a try. I'm amazed with the paper
power.hehehe


--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Merrill"
<robertmerrill1953@...> wrote:
>
>
> Hi Eric;
>
> As you know I have been working on F/C formulas for a day or
two. I do
> not recommend the use of Borax. The following formula has been in
use by
> me for over five years and has some excellant qualities. It is the
most
> durable, and cost effective formula that meets the need for low to
> non-existent shrinkage with super adhesion characteristics. By dry
> weight: 60# fibre; 10# prtld'; 10# lime; 10# clay; 10# sand. Mix
in that
> order by adding the binders to the emulsified fibre. It will
prduce a
> light-weight, highly insulative, fire resistent, easily sprayed
> material.
>
> Best Wishes Bob
>

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/