Saturday, December 4, 2010

Re: [papercreters] Re: Petrefied Hessian

Greetings,

If someone was to do research into the durability of this product
underground, I would love to hear about it. Snakes are major residents
in Texas, as well.

http://www.catalogclearance.com/products/sku-NB0312__dept-145.html?gclid=CMOhjoTdlqUCFSda7AodYDR6Nw

This website has great prices on burlap. If anyone finds better, please
let me know.

Bright Blessings,
Garth & Kim Travis
www.TheRoseColoredForest.com
Bedias, Texas
936-395-0110

On 12/4/2010 9:35 AM, Donald Miller wrote:
> Teresa, I like the idea of using the petrified burlap, (I use the term
> burlap because that's what it's called on this side of the world) for a
> snake barrier. You haven't lived until you get buzzed by a rattler when
> you go to sit on your patio chair on a nice sunny desert morning.
>
> --- On *Sat, 12/4/10, Teresa P /<ablueprincess@yahoo.com>/* wrote:
>
>
> From: Teresa P <ablueprincess@yahoo.com>
> Subject: [papercreters] Re: Petrefied Hessian
> To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Saturday, December 4, 2010, 12:54 AM
>
> Excuse me but the reason I questioned about underground is because I
> am thinking of a snake proof fence which would need about 1 ft
> underground in a very dry climate. I am also "exploring" and
> "learning" No I have not built anything before, but there is always
> a first and when I get to the point of actually building I assure
> you that by that time I will know more about this.
>
> --- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com
> <http://us.mc1106.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=papercreters%40yahoogroups.com>,
> "Wayne" <huon@...> wrote:
> >
> > I posted the recipe. I have not made the product yet. I live in
> > Australia, you probably live somewhere else. For crying out loud
> people,
> > if you can't work these basic things out for yourself then how
> can you be
> > capable of constructing a dwelling fit to live in????????
> >
> > What happened everyone's ability to do things for themselves. I
> thought
> > this was a forum full of practical and capable people. After all the
> > replies I have had on this one I am doubting my original thoughts
> on that.
> >
> > Wayne
> >
> >
> > > how much $ per sq ft would this probably work out to? Would it
> hold up
> > > underground as well? how about earthquakes?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> >
> > >> My metric conversion skills are not too good, so could someone
> > >> convert the recipe for me. Using 5 gallons of water instead of
> > >> litres and going from there?
> > >>
> >
> > >>
> > >> I am also wondering what this is used for. I have been
> > >> negotiating with someone about taking own a large metal
> > >> building so I could use it for porch roofs but had not heard
> > >> back from the guy until yesteray. So I thought I would get an
> > >> old billboard and paint it with something to stifffen it up.
> > >> Is this the sort of thing you would do with the Hessian?
> > >>
> > >>
> >
> >
> > >>
> > >> How big of a building could you build with this? Could you use
> > >> it as a waterproof coating for rammed earth, papercrete or
> > >> strawbale?
> > >>
> >
> > >> >
> > >> > After many weeks of painstaking research I have came across
> > >> the recipe for
> > >> > Petrified Hessian as use here in Australia since the war and
> > >> still used
> > >> > today, so I will print it here and appreciate any feedback,
> > >> especially
> > >> > from anyone that tries it. I live in a very wet environment
> > >> and will post
> > >> > feedback as to how it goes here.
> > >> >
> > >> > Wayne
> > >> >
> > >> > Petrified Hessian
> > >> >
> > >> > 5 liters water
> > >> > 5.5kg cement
> > >> > 900g lime
> > >> > 450g salt
> > >> > 225g alum
> > >> >
> > >> > Apply the mix immediately to the hessian with a stiff brush,
> > >> first outside
> > >> > then inside. After the initial wetness goes but before the
> > >> mix sets apply
> > >> > a second coat to the outside. When this final coat sets the
> > >> material will
> > >> > be hard and strong. The mix should cover about 8m square.
> > >> Keep the
> > >> > surface damp for 3 days by spraying it with water.
> > >> >
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>
> > >> ----------------------------------------------------------
> > >>
> > >> No virus found in this message.
> > >> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
> > >> Version: 10.0.1170 / Virus Database: 426/3288 - Release Date:
> 11/29/10
> > >>
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> No virus found in this message.
> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com>
> Version: 10.0.1170 / Virus Database: 426/3295 - Release Date: 12/03/10
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/