Saturday, December 4, 2010

[papercreters] Re: Petrefied Hessian

Excuse me but the reason I questioned about underground is because I am thinking of a snake proof fence which would need about 1 ft underground in a very dry climate. I am also "exploring" and "learning" No I have not built anything before, but there is always a first and when I get to the point of actually building I assure you that by that time I will know more about this.

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "Wayne" <huon@...> wrote:
>
> I posted the recipe. I have not made the product yet. I live in
> Australia, you probably live somewhere else. For crying out loud people,
> if you can't work these basic things out for yourself then how can you be
> capable of constructing a dwelling fit to live in????????
>
> What happened everyone's ability to do things for themselves. I thought
> this was a forum full of practical and capable people. After all the
> replies I have had on this one I am doubting my original thoughts on that.
>
> Wayne
>
>
> > how much $ per sq ft would this probably work out to? Would it hold up
> > underground as well? how about earthquakes?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
>
> >> My metric conversion skills are not too good, so could someone
> >> convert the recipe for me. Using 5 gallons of water instead of
> >> litres and going from there?
> >>
>
> >>
> >> I am also wondering what this is used for. I have been
> >> negotiating with someone about taking own a large metal
> >> building so I could use it for porch roofs but had not heard
> >> back from the guy until yesteray. So I thought I would get an
> >> old billboard and paint it with something to stifffen it up.
> >> Is this the sort of thing you would do with the Hessian?
> >>
> >>
>
>
> >>
> >> How big of a building could you build with this? Could you use
> >> it as a waterproof coating for rammed earth, papercrete or
> >> strawbale?
> >>
>
> >> >
> >> > After many weeks of painstaking research I have came across
> >> the recipe for
> >> > Petrified Hessian as use here in Australia since the war and
> >> still used
> >> > today, so I will print it here and appreciate any feedback,
> >> especially
> >> > from anyone that tries it. I live in a very wet environment
> >> and will post
> >> > feedback as to how it goes here.
> >> >
> >> > Wayne
> >> >
> >> > Petrified Hessian
> >> >
> >> > 5 liters water
> >> > 5.5kg cement
> >> > 900g lime
> >> > 450g salt
> >> > 225g alum
> >> >
> >> > Apply the mix immediately to the hessian with a stiff brush,
> >> first outside
> >> > then inside. After the initial wetness goes but before the
> >> mix sets apply
> >> > a second coat to the outside. When this final coat sets the
> >> material will
> >> > be hard and strong. The mix should cover about 8m square.
> >> Keep the
> >> > surface damp for 3 days by spraying it with water.
> >> >
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >>
> >> No virus found in this message.
> >> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
> >> Version: 10.0.1170 / Virus Database: 426/3288 - Release Date: 11/29/10
> >>
> >
> >
> >
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/