Monday, August 2, 2010

Re: [papercreters] Re: Progress pictures



I didn't weigh them but would guess 25-30 pounds. I left my bathroom scale out in the rain a few years ago and it doesn't work now. I got two triangles from each 55 gallon drum of mix. I kept this mix light since it is just insulation and only has to support itself and the topcoat. I used no dirt and not too much cement, maybe 50-75% of the weight of the DRY paper. That would make the top of the clerestory weigh close to 700 pounds after the topcoat cures.

See the ladder in the pictures? That's the route. I can grab one of the triangles under my arm and hold it with that hand, leaving the other hand free for climbing. They are all under 30" per side. The ladder is not even close to vertical so it's more like walking up stairs. I got a lot of exercise taking the 20 triangles up there and securing them, and will get even more later when I carry buckets of well drained heavy pc up for the top coat. Right now I'm weaving cable across the top to secure the top coat just in case it doesn't bond to the dry triangles. I already had one top pent fly over 120 feet in a spring wind a few years ago, don't want to repeat that experience. It was hard to get it back up on that larger dome.

Not close to finishing, unfortunately. The sides of the dome are about half way up with the 12" pc shell. I still have to go up another six or seven feet, bringing the pc around the clerestory up to the top of the 1x12 frame that the windows are sitting on. I'll have a helper in a couple of weeks here, and maybe we can get that all done while he's here. For that I'll switch to the no-tow mixer and pump into slipforms. I'm gathering paper now...

For the crosseyed 3D thing, what works for some is to hold a finger maybe halfway between the screen and your eyes. Look at the finger tip and slowly move it toward and away from the screen until you see three pictures instead of two, with the middle one being in 3D. With practice you will be able to maintain this focus while the slideshow goes by. Of course if you can find a pair of red/cyan glasses then choose "Anaglyph" as the viewing method. Some places online, like http://rainbowsymphony.com/free-3d-glasses.html will send you a free pair of glasses for a sase. Choose the red/cyan anaglyph glasses and then after viewing my slideshows head on over to flickr for gazillions of nice 3D pictures and videos to view. Youtube also has an extensive collection of 3D videos.

spaceman  All opinions expressed or implied are subject to change without notice upon receipt of new information.

On 8/2/2010 12:33 PM, countryatheartok wrote:
 Looks like it starting to finish up. How much do those Pie shape's weigh, and how did you get them up on top?  P.S. I still can't get the 3d cross eyed thing to work  for me, I use to be able to see those computer print outs quite well, but I have to look at your with the single image option.  BTB    


__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___