Sunday, August 22, 2010

[papercreters] PAPERCRETE SCULPTURES

Hi, I work with schoolchildren when I am employed on short term contracts as a community Artist.
I have worked as a brickies/mason's labourer in the past and am used to using a cement mixer.
I have my own mixer.
I use my own recipe for making cement sculptures that are hand formed on a metal armature.
I am considering that papercrete would be a better medium to use with children as is introduces recycling and would make lightweight sculptures that will be easier to move and handle, compared to the heavy sculptures I currently make at home.
I would like to make contact with other sculptors using this medium and gain advice and recipes that would be ideal for children to use.
I have an opportunity to engage Primary school students in making some large pieces of sculpture to be sited outdoors.
Location Australia, Western Australia (mediterranean type climate)
Any and all advice would be much appreciated.
Zoe.

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/